Few industry sectors have been more affected by Covid-19 than the event industry with concerts, theatres and sporting fixtures all cancelled or postponed including Euro 2020 and the Olympics.
When it comes to our healthcare job fairs, we are fortunate that our events in London in March taught us very valuable lessons in how to effectively manage an event with social distancing and prepare for contract tracing if required.
Ahead of our flagship event Healthcare – The Medical, Nursing and Health Careers Exhibition re-opening in Dublin on 10 October 2020, preparations are well under way for creating a safe and successful event.
The following is a quick preview of how our job fairs will operate in a world with Covid-19 and what our exhibitors and jobseekers can expect in October.
- will be required to pre-register online and supply contact details to support contact tracing
- will be required to pre-select a preferred visiting time to manage attendance levels
- will benefit from contactless registration upon entry to the job fair
- will be presented with their own individual hygiene pack with face mask and sanitiser
- will benefit from using our event app to share their details with employers
- will benefit from a paperless event including the contactless exchange of their employment documentation including their CV
- will also have the opportunity to pre-record video interviews for remote exhibitors
- will be required to follow single direction flow around the event – think Ikea
- all their staff present on the day will be required to register their details in advance
- will be limited to having just three staff members per Standard Exhibition Space with only two staff members permitted on the stand at any one time. Up to six staff members will be permitted with a Premium Exhibition Space.
- will be presented with their own individual hygiene pack including face mask or shield (whichever they prefer) and sanitiser
- will benefit from using our event app to capture candidate’s details
- will benefit from a paperless event including the contactless collection of jobseeker employment documentation including CVs
- will benefit from temporary plastic (Perspex) screens on each exhibitor stand as well as mounted desk protector screens for interview tables
- will not be permitted to distribute any marketing collateral from their stands including the much loved ‘goodie’ bag items
In addition to the above measures, temperature scans will be conducted on all staff, exhibitors and jobseekers upon entry to the job fair with anyone showing signs or symptoms of Covid-19 not being permitted entry.
Finally, the event will have separate and distinct entrances and exits with ample warning signage and hand sanitisation stations throughout the event venue with hard surfaces in high traffic areas cleaned regularly.
At HST, we operate across three business divisions including recruitment advertising, recruitment events and recruitment services.